8 WAYS TO ENJOY OUR MUSIC
by Eric Elder
From time to time, I like to share with you things on The Ranch you might not see otherwise on your own. Today, I’d like to share with you 8 ways you can enjoy the music we’ve created here at The Ranch.
I know this isn’t a typical Sunday Sermon, but I believe music is a huge part of our life of faith and can sometimes speak as powerfully as any sermon. So I hope you’ll listen to our music whatever way you can and enjoy your time with God.
Please known this isn’t a “sales pitch” for our music, as you can listen to it for free anytime day or night on our website. We simply want to help you know how you can access it, whether on our website or on your favorite music players and apps.
I’ve highlighted our most recent CD that we’ve created as an example of how to listen to our music. The CD is called Tenderly and features 100% pure piano versions of 13 beautiful and inspiring songs, all performed by my sister, Marilyn Byrnes.
Here are a few comments that have come in already this week about this CD:
“Beautifully done – very relaxing and calming!” Sue
“I just came across this music and it is awesome!!! It really lifted my spirits and gave me peace…definitely would be listening to it forever :)” Zinta
“I gave this CD a 5-star rating, because not only is it beautifully played, it was inspiring and complete listening pleasure. I would definitely recommend it for anyone.” Lydia
And here’s a link to one of the songs from the CD, “The Prayer,” which you can click and play in another window while you read the rest of today’s message. This is just one of more than a dozen CDs and 150 songs we feature on The Ranch that you can listen to for free anytime. With that in mind, here are 8 ways you can enjoy our music.
1) Listen for free on The Ranch website anytime. Click the “Listen to Music” tab on The Ranch website to see a list and to listen to all the CDs we offer. Many are instrumental so you can just enjoy the music as you relax, pray, meditate or work without words to get in the way of what you’re doing or what you’re hearing from God. Other CDs feature popular worship songs and hymns played in a fresh and contemporary way. And still others include scriptures reading by my late wife, Lana, read to inspirational music. Here’s the direct link to all the CDs: https://theranch.org/listen-to-music/
2) Listen on Pandora. Pandora is an Internet Radio service that lets you listen to customized radio stations that you create. Just go to Pandora.com and create a radio station featuring “Marilyn Byrnes” (my sister) or “Eric Elder” (myself), and you’ll hear one of our songs, followed by a few songs from similar artists, then another one of our songs, an so on. Pandora offers both free and paid subscriptions. Here’s a link that will create a radio station automatically based on Marilyn’s music (and you’ll hear mine, too, as it’s similar!): Marilyn Byrnes on Pandora.
3) Listen on iTunes Radio. iTunes Radio is another Internet Radio service like Pandora, offered for free within iTunes. Just go to your Music Library in iTunes on your computer, or tap the Radio icon in the lower left of the iTunes Music app on your phone or music player, and then type one of our names to create a station based on our music (Eric Elder, Marilyn Byrnes, or Lana Elder, to hear Lana’s scripture CD). Once created, you can click our station anytime in iTunes to heard our songs, along with a mix of songs from other artists. Here’s a link to a station I created with all 3 of our names already entered: Eric Elder Radio.
4) Download from iTunes. You can also download any of our single songs or entire albums from iTunes easily and inexpensively and take our music with you to listen to anytime on your favorite music player. Just visit the iTunes store and search for Eric Elder, Marilyn Byrnes or Lana Elder to find all of our music. Here’s a direct link to Tenderly on iTunes: Tenderly on iTunes.
5) Listen on Spotify. Spotify offers free and paid subscriptions to listen to entire CDs of any of our music. Like many of these services, the only difference between the free and paid subscriptions is whether they display ads or not. But either way you choose, you can listen to our music by simply typing in our names or the names of any of our albums. Here’s a link that will take you directly to the Tenderly CD on Spotify where you can listen to the whole thing. Tenderly on Spotify.
6) Listen on Beats Music. Beats Music is a mobile app for playing all kinds of music instantly. One of the things I like about listening to our music on Beats Music is that you can listen to an entire collection of one artist at a time, without other artists in between and without having to click on a different album when one album is finished. For instance, when I click the search bar in the top left corner of the app, I can search for “Marilyn Byrnes,” then choose her name, then click “See All” and swipe to the right to see All Songs. I click shuffle and I can listen to a mix of 87 of her songs, nonstop for as long as I like! You can download the app from beatsmusic.com.
7) Buy CDs or mp3 downloads from Amazon. If you’d rather have physical CDs for your car, your stereo or just to have in your collection, you can get all of our music from Amazon.com. You can also listen to samples and download all of our music in mp3 format as well. Here’s a link to Tenderly on Amazon.
8) Get a CD from The Ranch! Besides offering all of our music to you 24/7 for free from The Ranch website, we also offer all of our music on CD in 2 other ways: 1) Make a donation of any size to our ministry and we’ll send you a CD as our way of saying thanks, or 2) Listen to our music first on our website, then write a 1-2 sentence review of the CD you’d like on Amazon or iTunes and we’ll send you a complimentary copy of the CD to say thank you. Your donations and your reviews help us to create more music and get the word out to others, thereby multiplying the blessing to even more people. Visit our online bookstore to make a donation or follow the links from the bookstore to the CD on Amazon or iTunes where you can write a review. Just be sure to send us your name, mailing address and a link to your review and we’ll ship out a CD to you anywhere in the world. Thanks for helping us to spread the music God has given us!
I hope this has been helpful to you, as I know that music is a big part of many of your lives. Music has been around since the creation of the world, and has always been a backdrop for life on earth. As God said to Job in the Bible:
“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone–while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?” (Job 38:4-7).
I pray our music brings you pleasure and joy today as well.
P.S. Last week I wrote an article on how you can upload your own music to various music services like we do here at The Ranch so you can share your song with the world. In case you missed it, here’s the link:
Sharing Your Song With The World